Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I am flying through, John Stackhouse's book Humble Apologetics. It was required reading for the conference I went to a few weeks ago, but I could not get it through Amazon.com, so I decided to borrow it from Lewis now.

Stackhouse, other than offering a poor explaination of presuppositional apologetics, writes a really nice book. Honestly I think if he understood more of presuppositional apologetics he would realize how similar his approach is.

Anyway my question in reading is how closely related are evangelism and apologetics? For Stackhouse they seem to be exactly the same, only apologetics would have more of an emphasis to those who have believed wrongly or need to be strengthen in their faith. If these two are so closely related why the two catagories? Is it merely an attempt to lessen the impact instead of using a loaded word like evangelism, to use the word apologetics, which to me seems equally as loaded.

So far it has been a great book, again the emphasis is on humility. If that would be our approach to our neighbors I would imagine very different responses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home