Thursday, April 06, 2006

So in follow up to my blog two days ago. I have a flair for the dramatic I must admit. Being accused of something unjustly and being beaten as a slave is an incredible amount of recontextualization. At the same time the principles for one were helpful for the other. One thing I realized is that when you are wrongly accused or dragged into something that is not about you, the truth in the situation is bound to come up. Prayer, fasting, and reading scripture all gave me a piece of mind so I didn't feel defensive. I am able to hear out he accusations against me and truly question if I heard wrong and there is something I need to repent of. The short of it is that we will be accused of things we are innocent of and the Gospel calls for us to forgive those who accuse us. Yet there is plenty that we get away with, and therefore we are not able to have pride that we are perfect. Everything is not wrapped up with a bow and more talk needs to happen. God has taught me a valuable lesson in this, trust Christ, He is in control, He can defend me, and his plans for me are good ones. So whatever circumstances you find yourself in, I hope you find this encouraging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home