Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Got hit with a virus. Otherwise this post should have been written a few nights ago. After enjoying a great dinner with our old neighbors on Saturday night, great food (including chicken feet) and great conversation we returned home to find three little guests in front of our house.

Now let me give you the back story. On Tuesday, we were cooking out on our deck. Out of nowhere our neighbor is screaming at her dog. After a few minutes of what sounds like a wrestling match I get a wiff of skunk. The funny part was I was cleaning our table and thought that it was the table at first. After shouting down to my neighbor I found out that her dog had killed a skunk. The dog got sprayed, and the cloud of stink made it's way around a neighborhood.

So on Saturday night three baby skunks are wandering around the front and side of house. The only picture I had in my mind was of Karin, Aidyn, and me getting sprayed trying to get in the house. We just put the car headlights on them and watched. Karin went in to see if our housemate was there, she wasn't. By the time she came back out we were talking to another neighbor who was walking his dog. We tried calling 911 or animal control on his cell phone, but were not getting through. We were able to sneak into our house but now live on edge that we are going to be cornered by the three orphan skunks who are looking for revenge. So much for the urban jungle of Oakland?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home