Friday, July 28, 2006

The Spirit Moves: Handbook of Dance and Prayer, was written by Carla De Sola. My wife Karin has had the priviledge of dancing wit Carla and her Company, Omega West, on a number of occasions in worship. While I have not read the book yet myself, Karin and I have discussed some of it, today I felt very blessed by our discussion already.

Each week in preparation for our Tenebrae service, Sunday nights, I work through creating a liturgy. This involves understand of theme, composition, and also that which God would be honored in. Carla in her book speaks of the Liturgist, the person who designs and/or the person who reads it in the service, as an artist. Immediately I asked if Karin would consider one day being that for me, of course integrating dance in worship regularly, but also with her gifting related to literature and writing she would be perfect. Yet today, as I had a number of books surrounding me and I was reading some beautiful prayers, connecting with them, and to the Spirit, I remembered to view my role, "as an artist". That was inspiring, and I thought what a blessing to be able to surround myself with so many voices giving glory to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home