Wednesday, July 12, 2006

John 13:1 Now before the Feast of Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

The editorial notes here in this part of the story of Jesus life are powerful. There is this sense of climax here, drama, power. Jesus is departing out of this world...that is wild. And it almost seems that we have to be reminded that Jesus did all of this with love on his mind, heart, and in his actions. That to endure any of these last things Jesus went through, including washing the disciples feet, I would do it out of duty rather than love. I would do it because I am supposed to rather than caring about those who are closest to me.

Right now there are some difficult things going on for some of our closest friends. Karin and I seem to be going through alot as well. Looking at it all, the drama, the struggle, the pain involved with this life it is good for me to be reminded that Jesus endured this and much more and all the way through loved. He even loves me as I go through my struggles or as I get beaten up by those I am trying to love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home