Friday, June 30, 2006

I am very excited about this Sunday for a few reasons. The first is a friend of mine is working at a Baptist Church very close to All Nations and is going to be out of town. He asked me to preach for them. It should be a fun time. They are a sweet group of old people from what I understand. I miss being at a church where Seniors are represented.

Also I am very excited about our evening service this week. We are still on our Relationship Series called, The Relationship You Have Always Wanted. This week we are talking about fighting. So I made a movie of slides which I set to the song Beautiful Scandalous Night of sculptures created from weapon exchange programs from around the world. This is where people bring in guns and artist make works of beauty out of them. This really captures the theme of Isaiah 2:4. If you are interested in seeing the most beautiful of the pictures check out the Christian Aid website.

It is also nice to preach on texts I am excited about. Conflict and Freedom. I am preaching form Ephesians 5 "Speak the truth in love." at the ANPC service, while I am focusing on Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ set us free..." both of these are very exciting truths of what it means to live the Christian life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home