Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Karin had some amazing words for me last week. It was wild. At the beginning of the week the back bounced a check that shouldn't have been bounce. By Wed. I was sick. Thursday my laptop died, and Friday our car broke down. I told one friend on Friday that if I had a dog someone would be over our house kicking it. And these are just the things that we are able to share that happened.

At some point on Friday Karin said to me words I did not want to hear, couldn't even take in at the moment they were said, yet God allowed them to sink deeply to my heart. Karin simply said, "Perhaps you are to be glorifying God through your suffering right now." On Saturday our lacrosse team, that I coach, lost three games. The last one was by over twenty goals. The wheels had come off and yet Karins words were in my ears and heart. That night I was able to write a sermon that I desperately needed to hear. God is good, all the time, not just when things are going right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home