Friday, March 17, 2006

Carnage in the blogging world I guess is not uncommon. I remember soon after I started writing in my blog I mentioned a conversation that I had with someone on a fundraising trip. The person read my blog, lovingly confronted me, and I eventually removed the entry because it was hurtful. So I am not saying that I am beyond doing this.

It made me really sad, hurt, and is hard for me not to dwell on it (hence why I am writing out my thoughts as a way of getting it down and continuing on) when someone who my family has attempted, perhaps poorly at times, to love wrote unloving things about us on a blog. This person I thought very wonderfully confronted us and let us know how we had failed. We apologized, heard no response, and then got categorized as stupid Christians on our blog. This I guess is what people do to each other in a fallen world.

A part of me was tempted to post the email that I wrote asking forgiveness (excluding names and important details of course), another part wants to protect my wife and get mad for I know her heart and she never meant harm, me on the other hand I am a mess and need to be confronted on how I love people. But instead of any of that I am just writing a blog. Hopefully not doing what I feel was done to me, but since this friend is one of the two people that read my blog I do it with the awareness that she might read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home