Wednesday, August 10, 2005

While I sit in a coffee shop that I often use as my office today, I recognize someone who takes class at the same yoga studio. The person who initally appeared to be a friend actually turns out to be a psyhic, and here in my "office" gives a reading.

The spiritual climate in the Bay Area is overwhelming, everyone is looking for something. They know that there is more out there, yet still searching for anything that 'works'. What I come to realize is there is not such thing as an easy answer. Our lives are filled with mystery and exploration. Too often the church has attempted to give formula's that work across the board and yet they don't work and are easily dismissed.

Jesus was quoted as saying, "Go and sin no more." That is a formula that works, what would our world look like if we were able to do that? Yet each one of us blows it, day after day, and for some moment by moment. "Go and sin no more"? Not simple, and every time we blow it we remember the one who commanded us to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home