Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So I have just returned from Seattle, WA. Our family spent time there visiting with family, celebrating Aidyn's birthday, going to a friends wedding, and fundraising. Yet this was one of the most expensive fund raising trips I have been on. We decided to 'save' money by renting a car and driving up to seattle, which is only a 13 hour drive.

So on the way while Karin and I are deep in conversation I was interupted by a Oregon State Police officer who issued me an $237 speeding ticket. Word of warning to all, do not speed in Oregon. God is working on making me a wise person, needless to say I have a hard head and it might take me awhile to get it. On the way home while by myself, since my wife and daughter are vacationing in Montana, I was hit in my rental car with a tire that had been blown off of a tractor trailor. The tire did so much damage that I was unable to open my car door when I made it to a rest stop. Since Dollar rental car has no shops in Oregon, I had to drive the entire way home Dukes of Hazard style having to climb through the drivers window.

Lesson number two if you have a high deductable on you auto insurance be sure to get the daily insurance from the rental car company. Needless to say there are many shoulda coulda woulda's, but God is good. He takes care of us and I was not hurt.

This appears to be a season of trials for our family so please pray for us. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home