Thursday, September 21, 2006

This December a new movie is coming out looking at the birth of Jesus. At the same time a teacher who I appreciate named Scot McKnight is releasing a book titled, The Real Mary. Sadly I think the Protestant Church (which All Nations Church is a part) is reactionary when it comes to Mary the mother of Jesus, since we have seen the Catholic Church go to far in some of their views. Scot is opening up a discussion that I am sure will be valuable.

The plan is this. I have been sent a sample copy of his new book. I am going to read it. Then post it on my blog and email it to a few people at All Nations. On Sunday December 3rd we are going to have a discussion group at All Nations regarding the sample chapter. We'll have coffee or tea, turn on some heaters and hopefully have a fun time discussing the chapter and the amazing person of Mary. Hopefully this will be of interest to you and you could even invite some friends to take part in the discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home