Monday, January 16, 2006

So I have been given a subscription to Relevant Magazine for the last year, and I am concerned that it is really bad for my cynicism. After the first issue I thought it might help cure my cynicism, but it has only made me worse.

The question I have today after flipping through the recent issue, I had a thought. Is this movement of elaborate worship services with art and fancy stages and all the bells and whistles merely a Christian attempt at the U2 Pop tour? Once again in our attempt to be so progressive and relevant are we merely attempting to replicate on a mediocre level something that had popular success fifteen years ago? Think about it, I'm using Pop as a example but is this entire current art/worship trend merely Christians being behind the times once again?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Jodie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:39 AM  
Blogger yep said...

Yes.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home