Thursday, September 22, 2005

Proverbs 22:4 (ESV)4 The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.

This rattles me. Just this morning I was asking if it is worth it. There are plenty of places where I could be shown respect because of what I do for a living. In my mind I believe there is a place that when you sacrifice for someone they take notice and are open to hear the Gospel. When my emotions lead me to think that this isn't happening where I am at, I immediate think well it's time to be appreciated. Now if anyone who is invovled in my ministry here in Oakland reads this their first thought is probably "I appreciate Mike." Trust me you are not who I am talking about. I can brush off what God is doing in your life in a heart beat, what drives my emotions is those who are flicking me off. Why isn't God changing them, right? No actually it is why am I not feasting in those riches.

If anything defines my role at ANPC it should be humilty. I did not plant this work, if anything I am here to water. You see planting takes skill, wisdom, a craft. Watering even a sprikler could do it. My desire is for riches, honor, and life. And yet I am discontent with the means God has provided to get it. Humility and fear of God, this is a promise. Yet I have in my mind I could run out and accomplish it, rather than seeking God and his fulfillment even in humble circumstances. God gave me this reminder this morning, the specifics I wrote out in an email to a friend, now I just have faith that God will be true to His word. Isn't that the definition of faith? Trust that God will follow through with what he has promised and what he has promised is always in my good?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

update your blog

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please?

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home